Friday, April 15, 2011

Pledge of the Day: Laura Robinson

Laura Robinson
Pledged: $100

Laura has lived in Eugene since 1997. She is the operations manager for a mobile and modular space company and is the mom of a really cool daughter!


HamletEug2Ed: Why did you pledge to The Edinburgh Hamlet Project?
Laura: I had the opportunity to perform at the Fringe Festival when I was in college (CSUFresno). It was a phenomenal experience. More than anything, however, I am so impressed with Rebecca's self-motivation and drive. I wish I'd had even half of it when I was her age. Heck! I wish I had half of it now!

HamletEug2Ed: What excites you about this project?
Laura: I think what excites me most is the fact that it was built from an idea sprung from the mind of a talented young woman, for, if I remember correctly, a class project. And suddenly, fast forward several months, and Rebecca and her merry band of players are only about $2000 from getting on a plane! That's magic!

HamletEug2Ed: Are you involved in the performing arts yourself?
Laura: I am! I did theatre for many years, but took a long hiatus once I moved to Eugene (about 10 years!). I dipped a toe back in, in 2007, and feel very blessed to have been warmly welcomed by the theatre community and audiences here. I am amazed at the breadth of talent here- and not just in theatre! I have met so many talented writers, singers, dancers, poets, musicians! Sometimes I think Eugene has more artists per capita than any other city in the world... Except possibly Edinburgh at Fringe time!
HamletEug2Ed: What is the next project you’re excited about?
Laura: I am currently involved in Winter's Tale at Lord Leebrick Theatre Co. 

Check it out here! http://www.lordleebrick.com/

It's my first Shakespeare since about 1995, or so, so it is both challenging and invigorating! Also looking forward to re-teaming with my 11 year old daughter for Wizard of Oz with Roving Park Players this summer. We did their Alice in Wonderland together last summer and had a blast!

Wanna be the Pledge of the Day? Check out our Campaign at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2007580726/the-edinburgh-hamlet-project 

No comments:

Post a Comment